Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby steps of change.

I'm unsure if this was the wisest decision yet, trusting someone who just had shoulder surgery with a bike, but hell, I'm an adult and I get to make decisions (for the better or worse). Apparently I've been left with too much time on my hands, and it means that I want a new hobby that will help me get back in shape, as I'm not a fan of the particular shape my body is currently.

As per usual, I've managed to cram way more research into finding a bike than would have been necessary, but I've always enjoyed learning new things and how they work. The pitfall is that I never truly become an expert in any of these fields, but I have a pretty good understanding of them. What have I learned this time around? I need to pick up a book on how to fully break a bike down, as the one I've picked up needs a bit of work and it's a far cry from the old BMX bikes I used to own.

Quite a few people have recommended Recycled Cycles as a great place to start my journey into riding again. I'm sure that I'll be writing more about my experiences with them in the future.


My new baby, a '99 Trek Multitrack 720



In other news, Junkies Nation, a group that hosts game sites such as Rift Junkies, GW2 Junkies and Rerolled are starting a new tech and gaming blog/news site and I've been asked to do some writing for the Tech section. Most of what I'll be writing will be related to mobile devices like tablets, cell phones and accessories. I'm going to have to learn to write without rambling now, so we'll see how this treats me. My first review is looking to be for dbrand Inc. and their new Nexus 7 tablet skins. I'm hoping to get some other skins for random devices that we can give away, but it's up to the fine robots up North.

Life is definitely changing. I don't think that I would have been jumping on an opportunity like this a year ago. It's not a paying gig, but could turn into one if the site picks up. Maybe I can eventually write off some of the device purchases and reviews as business expenses in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment